Not enjoying the freezing weather? Looking for something to warm you up? How about a great deal on apparel, electronics, home goods and more? Winter sales are a staple of post-holiday shopping in America, and now is the perfect time to start shopping for great deals.
When Do Winter Sales Usually Happen?
Usually, winter sales will start to happen in America after the holidays are over. Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas are usually accompanied with their own sales, so most retailers don't have any special “Winter Sales” until these other sales have concluded. You can expect winter sales to start in mid-to-late January, and run through February, and even some of March.
What Kind Of Offers Can I Find?
There are too many special winter sale offers to count – so we’ll just give you a few of our favorite deals, such as:
- 20% off pre-workout products at Academy Sports + Outdoors
- 30% off select Adidas shoes and apparel
- 20% off winter coats at L.L. Bean
- 20% off cards and invitations at Staples
- 30% off coats and jackets at Old Navy
What Kind Of Products Go On Sale During The Winter Sale?
Typically, you’ll find the biggest discounts on apparel like slippers, boots, jackets and hoodies, winter coats, scarves, hats, gloves, and other such accessories. Winter sales are often used by retailers to sell extra cold-weather clothing before the spring, and make room for their Spring/Summer collections.
Other retailers may offer great deals on electronics, gadgets, and home goods, to try to clear out stock that they have left over from Christmas and holiday sales, so there are plenty of opportunities to get great savings during winter sales – if you know where to look!
Which Retailers Offer The Best Winter Deals?
American Eagle is offering a few stellar deals, such as 60% off select sweaters, Buy One, Get One 50% off jeans, and 40% off on hats and scarves. The Container Store is offering 30% off select home office products and up to 30% off the “Elfa” closet organization line of products. At Staples, you can get deals like 40% off select printed photo gifts, and Puma is offering 30% off entire range during the winter sale.
How To Save More During Winter Sales?
Wondering how you can get the best deals during this year’s winter sales? Here are a few pro tips!
- Get free shipping – Many retailers offer free shipping if you order a certain amount of merchandise, like $25 or $50.
- Use discount codes – Check out CNN Coupons for all of the latest deals and discounts not only during Winter but also throughout the year.
- Join loyalty and rewards programs – If you shop at a retailer often, see if they have a loyalty or rewards program or credit card, which will offer you cash back, coupons or other rewards whenever you shop.