With the reality of summer coming to an end, comes the excitement of new school. And what better way to start the new school year than with Back to School sales from some of your favorite stores?
From kindergarten to graduate school, there are deals for everyone. From August until early September, you can expect to see some huge Back to School deals on essentials like clothing, school supplies, sports equipment, technology, electronics, and so much more.
The items in these sales go fast due to their incredibly low prices and high discounts, so you’ll want to get a head start on shopping for deals so you don’t miss out on a single one. When you buy online and in advance, you’ll be able to score additional discounts on your purchases while avoiding the crowds and the confusion of the stores.
Clothing, supplies, and technology discounts - Oh, my!
Start the school year off on the right foot by saving on the items that will keep you going from the first day of school to the first day of summer vacation. You can expect to find hundreds of deals with huge savings like 60% off best-selling clothing, or $350 or more in technology discounts.
The best time to give your closet a style upgrade is during the Back to School sales. With deals from some of the trendiest stores, you could find deals like the ones that were featured last year including 25% off jeans at American Eagle, 50% off sale items and up to 40% off regular-priced items at Gap, 50% off select styles for women, men and kids at JCPenney, and 50% off backpacks and more at Nordstrom Rack. When you take a look at what this year brings, you’re guaranteed to step into school with an outfit that will turn heads—and no one will know you didn’t pay full price.
Whether you’re walking to school, around campus, or through the halls, you’ll want to have a new pair of shoes—or two—to get you going. Shop huge discounts, up to 60% off, at stores like Nike, adidas, Toms, Famous Footwear, and DSW.
Of course, school is ultimately about learning, so you’ll need to fill your backpack with writing, reading, and studying essentials from stores like Staples, Target, and Walmart. These stores offer deals with prices starting as low as just $0.50 and discounts of 50% or more.
Back to School sales are also a great time to make any technology purchases. During last year’s sale, you could find incredible deals on items like laptops, tablets, smartphones, desktop computers, and other popular electronics from stores like Best Buy, Dell, Apple, and Office Depot.
Deals every student will love
Stock up on the items you’ll need in the classroom or your dorm room by shopping the Back to School deals from stores like Target and Walmart. Walmart is a great place to find low prices on everything from composition notebooks starting at $0.50, and kids backpacks for only $2.77, to Elmer’s Glue 2-Pack for $1, and CraZart Crayons 24-Count only $0.25.
Plus, last year Walmart shoppers were able to score free 2-day shipping on select school supplies with a minimum purchase of $35.
Target is another great one-stop-shop for all of your back-to-school needs. Last year you could find deals including $45 off the Keurig K 15, 25% off SwissGear backpacks, Room Essentials dinnerware for only $1.49, and the Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus for just $99.99. You could also save on drinks and snacks like 2 Pepperidge Farms items for $9, $5.99 for the 20-count Frito-Lay variety pack, and only 3 4-packs of Kind nutrition bars.
New school supplies can add up quickly, especially when there is technology involved like laptops, tablets, smartphones, and other essentials.
Last year, Best Buy offered some of the best discounts on technology items throughout the store. You could find deals like $250 off the Apple MacBook Air, $200 off the HP Envy x360 2-in-1 Laptop, and $140 off the Dell S2419NX 24-inch Desktop Monitor.
Another Back to School deal that you won’t want to miss is from none other than Apple. Apple offers an education discount tis available year-round for college students, teachers, and even parents. With this discount, customers can score up to $200 off select MacBooks, iMacs, and iPads, including the iPad Pro. Although, during the Back to School Sale, Apple normally offers a free gift with purchase. Last year, Back to School shoppers could get a pair of Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones, a $199.95 value, absolutely free.
Extra savings tips to get you through the school year
It’s always the right time to save on the items you love. Here are some tips to save some extra cash during the Back to School sale and even score deals throughout the entire year:
- Look out for student discounts: Some of your go-to stores like American Eagle, adidas, Levis, offer a discount of up to 30% off, exclusively for college and university students. Generally, stores let you apply a student discount every time you shop. You might even be able to redeem this discount on top of other sales’ offers. To take advantage of this discount, you’ll need to show your student identification card at the register while checking out in-store or click on the “Student Discount” link on the website to verify your university email address.
- Sign up for the newsletter: When you want to hear about deals and sales events, like the Back to School sale before they happen, sign up for the email newsletter from the stores you love. As a newsletter subscriber, you’ll get sales notifications sent straight to your inbox along with limited-time offers, exclusive coupons, new collection releases, and so much more. You can usually sign up for the newsletter by entering your email address in the field located at the bottom of your favorite stores’ website.
- Check out free shipping: An easy way to spend all of the money you ended up saving is by having to pay for your items to be shipped to you. Before you shop, see if any of the stores you were planning on shopping at offer free shipping as a limited-time offer or with a minimum purchase amount. You might even get a deal for free expedited shipping at some of your favorite stores.
- Join a loyalty program: Get the star treatment for buying the items you love. There’s nothing better than getting perks just for shopping for the stuff you need. Many stores like Bed Bath & Beyond, Nordstrom, Sears, REI, and Sephora, offer special discounts and coupons to members who join their loyalty program. Plus, joining these programs is usually free or low-cost, like a one-time fee of $20, for example. As a member, you could end up getting a discount on every purchase, saving with free and fast shipping, or earning points to score for coupons or free gifts.
- Find a coupon: There’s no better feeling than redeeming a coupon and seeing your total drop before your eyes. When you check CNN Coupons frequently, you’ll find all of the current deals from the most popular stores all in one place. Make sure to check often since the available deals are updated every single day.